+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PSN Outage

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Honestly at this point it wouldn't surprise me if it came out that Sony's CEO had run over a gypsy and had been cursed for it.

I mean what were they thinking when they came up with the PSP Go?

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Smooth...

Back on topic, I'm a fan of Sony, I have a sony TV which I love and of course I have my PS3 and I've had a few other things in the past from them. I've always seen them as a symbol of quality in the sea of cheap Japanese electronics. I know Sony are not blameless in this, I just hope they can fix the damage and learn from their mistakes and be better for it.
    Silky I know.

Apart from my PS3 I don't have any Sony gear, and even that was free with a phone. I can't say I would of honestly bought one otherwise because I just dont reckon I would have had the cash or the care. It's not a bad piece of kit, but I am abit shocked about the PR side of things for this situation. Even if they didn't know how bad it was to begin with, surely you'd assume the worst case sceanrio?

Front page of Metro here in London in all its knee-jerky-let's-scare-everyone glory. This has to shake consumer faith in Sony, I bet it's all high fives in Redmond this morning.

After hearing the ridiculous way that the PS3 encryption keys were broken* this is not so surprising. It even makes me wonder that this seems to come a little too quickly on the back of the PS3 security breaking issue. They can't have used the same keys... could they?

*Explanation: In short the encryption algorithm requires a random number, combined with Sony's 'private' key to generate a 'public' key for each bit of software. The PS3 trusts anything that has a correct public key, because it's impossible to create a public key without Sony's private key.

Except they haven't been using a random number for each bit of software - they've used the same number for everything, which made figuring out the private key a doddle. Oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    Putting a lime filling in a Jaffa Cake doesn't make it "spooky". Unless you're selling it to me in a graveyard. And I'm not in a graveyard you biscuit/cake/not sure selling c***. I'm in Tesco wondering why the f*** all the food has been replaced with masks and Haribo.

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

There's a lot more scaremongering going around at the moment that Xbox Live is currently under some difficulties. Probably nothing to do with PSN being down but there's always that feeling of what if.

Edit: This is also rather hilarious
    Last edited by Rynstex; 27-04-2011 at 11:29.

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

yeah it's on the Xbox.com status page.

"Users may receive potential phishing attempts via title specific messaging while playing Modern Warfare 2."

couldn't fucking pay me to play that shit online, Billy G.

Senior Member Mr McScabby is on a distinguished road Mr McScabby's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hippo in a Tree

I get any messages like that from either friend or not, they get reported dumped and moved on..
    I ain't a mug/muppet/whatever your regional term is for a clueless git lol

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark is a glorious beacon of light ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

pssssst McStabby, give me your account details and i'll give you a cookie.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

the real world "news" keep saying that its 70 million peoples accounts - that cant be right can it? number seems a bit on the high side

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

Take off the 0 from behind that 7 and I might believe it.

Senior Member Mr McScabby is on a distinguished road Mr McScabby's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hippo in a Tree

Cookie... hmmm you offer tempts me sir..

+ Reply to Thread