+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Super Sonic Resurgence

Hybrid View

One Among The Fence DomPeppiatt will become famous soon enough DomPeppiatt's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dom Peppiatt PSN ID: DomPeppiatt Steam ID: DomPeppiatt

Default Super Sonic Resurgence

Sorry for the shit link, but yeah;
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...r-Trailer.html

This gets me wet.

20th Anniversary remake. Enough said.

Any fans of the original games out there? Thoughts on the mix of the old and the (relatively) new?

I loved the originals, downloaded them all onto my 360 harddrive... But all I can say is...

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh! Not convinced.

I mean, 4 episode 1 meant to bring back the original feel for Sonic, and failed... And where's episode 2 gone to?

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Im with Author on this one. I was a Nintendo lad growing up but I did enjoy the Sonic Games.

That said why bother a "Generations" version. You can download most of them now anyway cant you?

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    Im with Author on this one. I was a Nintendo lad growing up but I did enjoy the Sonic Games.

That said why bother a "Generations" version. You can download most of them now anyway cant you?
    I was a SEGA kid growing up. I still reckon the Dreamcast is the best console ever made.

You can download them, and buy pretty much all of them on the SEGA collection games they keep releasing every year!

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

I still have my SEGA Megadrive set up, just needs plugging in any time I get the urge for it. Those games never get old. Also got an emulator with all of the classic games on my laptop, which sees heavy use. I absolutely despise the modern 3D games though, so I'm never sure how to approach the announcement of a new Sonic game. It's a bit shit when the only good Sonic games since Sonic and Knuckles have been on the Gameboy Advance and the DS, or a Mario Kart clone.

I'll be keeping my eye on it, but I don't have high hopes.

One Among The Fence DomPeppiatt will become famous soon enough DomPeppiatt's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dom Peppiatt PSN ID: DomPeppiatt Steam ID: DomPeppiatt

After posting this, went and played a lock-on sesh with Knuckles through Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles. It's like nostalgic heroin. I forget how fucking fantastic the soundtracks are. Part of me is glad Michael Jackson never did the score for Sonic 3.

The best thing that's happened to Sonic in the past 10 years is the advent of smoothing - old games remastered in HD = perfect.

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

The soundtracks are spectacular, awesome examples of catchy chiptune music. I never understood SEGA not releasing them on an official soundtrack. I've got rips of Sonic 2 and 3 music on my iPod.

+ Reply to Thread