+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PS3 dilemma

The Roll and Thrust SteMacD is on a distinguished road SteMacD's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SteMacD PSN ID: SteMacD Steam ID: SteMacD

Default PS3 dilemma

You lovely (mostly) people will know the answer/solution to this I'm sure.

I'll keep this brief, my PS3 with a seperatly purchased 250gb HDD recently died suddenly. Before I sent it away I took out my 250gb HDD and replaced it with the stock 60gb.

Upon receiving my placement I popped my 250gb HDD in thinking it'll be like a pc/360 and work but I just get asked to format the drive.

All I want to do is recover my saved data! Data like a 40 hour FFXIII save and all my LBP1&2 unlockables etc.

From what rumblings I've heard it may or may not be doable.

Please say there's a way!!!!

I haz aquatic skillz AlmightyOtter is on a distinguished road AlmightyOtter's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlmightyOtter PSN ID: AlmightyOtter

Bad news, it's lost forever.

[have you rung Sony?]

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I don't do PS3 mate, sorry... hope you rescue that save though, what a pisser!
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

ouch - playstation support not any use?

The Roll and Thrust SteMacD is on a distinguished road SteMacD's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SteMacD PSN ID: SteMacD Steam ID: SteMacD

Yeah rung support but all he could say was check online.

All I can do now is either keep it to hope it becomes doable in a future firmware update or format it and start using it again from now.

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

PS3s use standard HDD yes? Would it be possible to put it in a PC either internally or via an Icybox enclosure of sorts. Then take off the save files so you have them safe.

Format the HDD in the PS3 then add the saves back? Workable or?

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: None Steam ID: bear_1970_

Saw the thread title and thought Markuz was going to ask for advice on turning his into an actual bread bin

+ Reply to Thread