+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spooky shit...

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: bearhugger70 Steam ID: bear_1970_

Default Spooky shit...

... maybe? Lol

It's been a while since there was anything related to the paranormal in the papers (probably thanks to the antix of Most Haunted) but this morning The Sun had this in!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...s-the-dog.html

Believable? Or a woman who wants attention? Or kids of the woman wanting attention? Lol

Any good spooky tales of your own?
    Last edited by MarkuzR; 29-03-2011 at 12:57. Reason: Link wasn't a link

Banned Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Knikitta PSN ID: Knikitta Steam ID: Knikitta Raptr ID: Knikitta

The Sun... Nuff said.

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Ah yep... I agree in essence but... there's video hehe

Banned Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta's Avatar

Gamer IDs

There is also string! <giggle>

My disowned sister always claimed there was a ghost in my parents house. She did describe her, and the ghost fitted a description of a girl that died on the old railway crossing that my parents house backs onto... I personally am not much of a believer, but at the same time, I have no idea what happens after death and until it is proven otherwise then I say ghosts do not exist.

Guess I am a scientist! Big Bang and all that.

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

There's roughly as many people alive as have ever died. With that in mind, you'd think that if there are ghosts we'd see them a lot more often given that they'd be everywhere.

If they are here, they need to fuck off into the light, the clingy spectral pricks.

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

I believe in the lifestream off final fantasy 7. Out of all the mumbo jumbo theories that I've heard it makes the most sense to me.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    There's roughly as many people alive as have ever died. With that in mind, you'd think that if there are ghosts we'd see them a lot more often given that they'd be everywhere.

If they are here, they need to fuck off into the light, the clingy spectral pricks.
    The theory is that Ghosts are here to deal with 'unfinished' business and have not yet crossed over - therefore not every dead person is still here as a ghost as most have already crossed over to the other side... whatever that might be.

I Ghost Whisperer!

Gamer IDs

That's "A" theory not the only one though

I'm a total fence sitter on the whole paranormal debate! Have experienced some things that can't be readily explained and have been in situations where other people have experienced things I couldn't see or hear

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

That's a Hollywood approach... the scientific reasoning for ghosts is either mass hysteria or that there is genuinely enough energy to manifest some sort of visual response. If I had to get into all my experiences, I'd hijack the thread... so I won't... but I still mainly don't believe, even though I've witnesses stuff myself. Not hypocrital though, just that most people tend to start off with a cold feeling and then by the time they've spoken to their mates it ends up being a full bodied apparition. Classic mass hysteria.

I'll tell you ONE particular instance in a reputedly haunted jail in Derby... which isn't haunted... where nobody was experiencing anything (there was a group of 30 people) and suddenly when one twat reported that there was someone standing behind someone else, others started to feel cold, some started to see flickering lights and before even THREE minutes had passed, the believers were seeing actual ghosts and the sceptics were seeing nothing. I was there, in my typical "prepared to be convinced either way" mode and saw piss all beyond a bunch of people wanting to believe so much that they created an illusion of truth between them. Awesome. Not.

That was also the night I lost my camcorder because of a thieving cunt.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

It's all just down to our need as humans to rationalise things and have everything explained.

The mind sees things and interprets them the wrong way. It just happens. People want to believe in this sort of thing and so they'll go on about some story or whatever. Everyone's always got the same bullshit story about how the storeroom was cold at the shop they used to work in and it turns out someone died there or how their dog freaked out one day and it turned out the previous house owner was a midget who got killed by a clown or something awful.

Then you get these ghost programmes. Do they ever see shit? Nope. It's just people shrieking.

If I saw one, then I'd be convinced. But the fact that no-one I know has a particularly convincing ghost story means that I've no more reason to believe in ghosts than I have to believe in a Lib Dem manifesto promise.

+ Reply to Thread