+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPad 2

Hybrid View

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Default iPad 2

New iPad goes on sale today, oddly at 5pm

Anyone thinking about getting one? I've not got an original but I'm tempted to get this providing I get this new job I'm going for. I'd also have to talk around the missus who wants a bloody engagement ring...

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

Not too interested in it, rather buy my books whole instead of one chapter at a time.

Still not sure what benefit a tablet has over a nice laptop but that's just personal preference. I just don't 'get it'.

A ring idea:

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Ohh lovely. *Bookmarks this page*

I'm the opposite, I don't really like laptops. Their only use for me would be if I needed to do something work wise but I wasn't in the office. I wouldn't buy one to play games on. I reckon I could get a lot of mileage out of a tablet. We'll see anyway. There's no way I'll be getting one just yet. My credit card is winking at me though... Must resist. Girlfriend would kill me with the thing if I brought one today.

i love mine - only ever turn my laptop on to manage the youtube channel now. for just dicking about on the web its awesome, for books i'm a bit meh about paying more for something digitally then i can get physically and as for games - you'll play the games

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Played with Lee's iPad in the hotel in Boston and went "yeah, it's ok" but that's about as far as my enthusiasm stretched. I get why it exists, and I get why people like it, but it's just not for me I'm afraid. I'd much rather have 100% functionality with a laptop than what.... maybe 20% with an iPad or iPad 2? Where's SSH? Where's Telnet? Where's FTP? Where's the ability to run actual software beyond just "apps"? Give me a laptop any day. That's an invitation... please DO give me a laptop any day!

It's horses for courses though... all I ever did was browse the web, send the occasional email and maybe want to look at videos on YouTube (assuming it can play YouTube videos but I guess it probably does) then maybe I'd be more interested in an iPad, but I prefer serious kit... even if it means killing my shoulder lugging it around!
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Lex talionis Curly Cobbler is on a distinguished road Curly Cobbler's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheAwkwardThief Steam ID: TheAwkwardGeek

As with any new Apple hardware release, we also get a new Apple firmware release: iOS 4.3.1 hit at 5 in the PM. Apparently it fixes the annoying "flickering screen" bug that the iPod touch was suffering from. So far, it seems to have done the trick.

I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should return before I get back, please, ask me to wait.

I just bought one. I predict one angry girlfriend when I see her next!

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

A little preview of iOS5.

Quite funny stuff.

+ Reply to Thread