+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Default Minecraft

Maybe you have heard of this really interesting and addictive game. The idea isn't new: stranded on an island, try to survive. But here comes the fun part: turn all the fancy 3D graphics into blocks, similar to 16-bit graphic. Mine your way through a big world filled with monsters at night and build the most fantastic things ever.
    This little masterpiece is still in it's beta but already fully playable since the alpha version. New things are added frequently, like squids that drop ink when killed and ice that actually really "grows" on water. You can seed plants, built boats and minecarts and so much more.
    There is evena multiplayer mode, you still ahve to host your own servers though, but if you find somebody who does that, grab him, tell him to buy a copy (or get a gift code for him) and play it
    Describing all the possibilities of this game is pretty much impossible, so you should check the game out yourself using this link. There you can play an older version, browser based. Those servers are using creative mode though, were you're able to build anything with the given blocks. No survival needed.
    Right now it's 15€, all future updates included, alpha version was 9€ (I guess) before. Really worth every cent.

Pictures:

So, is anybody playing this? Or even hosting a server?

Nine-Tailed Fox Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr has a spectacular aura about Zephyr's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Songbreeze3 Steam ID: Zephyr3333

I'm really sorry for this being off topic but... AWWWWWWWW!!! I LOVE your new Fox avatar and sig!
    Yay Foxes!
    For he did not know / That beyond the lake he called home / Lies a deeper, darker ocean green / Where waves are both wilder / And more serene / To its ports I've been / To its ports I've been.

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

The fact someone has built a replica Enterprise at a scale of 1:1 and is also doing the interior just shows how staggering this game can get. One of the breakthrough games of last year, not bad for a game with basic graphics and made by one person.

Banned myself from playing it though as I fear for the addiction, I'm not strong enough dammit!

[Good Job Boots]

Massive forehead The Sonic Mole will become famous soon enough The Sonic Mole's Avatar
    Leeds (but I'm originally from Leighton Buzzard)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Sonic Mole Steam ID: thesonicmole Raptr ID: TheSonicMole

I'm a bit late to the party but yeah, I've been playing this loads recently. It's ridiculously addictive. I'm currently stockpiling sandstone to build a giant castle. I am also hollowing out a mountain.

"By the tits of my ancestors!"

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

I'm intrigued by this game but I'm not sure about it. I just tried the free browser version and I spent 20 minutes building a kind of shelter out of brick. I cleared an area and built up a wall 3 blocks high, I couldnt reach any higher. I couldn't work out how to make a door that opens so I just put some glass blocks into the opening as a stop gap. Then that was it. I didnt know what else to do with myself. I'm going to assume that the full game doesnt allow you to make whatever blocks you want from the word go?

I've seen the pretty pictures above showing what you can do and all that stuff but can someone give me an idiots guide version of how you play the game exactly? I'm talking about crafting and stuff like that.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

@ste If you look at the help tab on the website you find a link to minecraft wiki. You can find all recipes, hints and tricks there. Theres a Beginner's Guide too.
    The creative mode has no crafting function though, you just build with the preset blocks. There are doors you can build, even complex system with automatic doors using some kind of electricity anf so on. But not for creative mode :/ But reading the list of receipts at minewiki will give you a good idea of whats possible.

@Tania I know, right?

Cereal Monogamist Adam will become famous soon enough Adam will become famous soon enough Adam's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PartWelsh Steam ID: PartWelsh

PartWelsh -Contemplating Saving the World

Gamer IDs

Haha, thats awesome

And so is this:

Zero Punctuation about Minecraft. he likes it.
    Last edited by UselessJack; 19-02-2011 at 00:41.

Senior Member FC360 will become famous soon enough FC360's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FC360D Steam ID: FC360

The free version only has building and unlimited resources where as the paid 1 has monsters, and limited resources. The thing that confuses me is the updating of this game. If you read the website the same way I did then it will read as If you purchased the game in it's alpha stage then all updates will be free and if you purchased the game in the beta stage (current stage) all updates will cost. This put me right off the game as it sounded like they would charge for all the updates they released. I then asked someone about this and was told that bug fixes and patches will be free however DLC will cost which is the norm for games anyway so I might just buy this game when my next bank statement comes out.

Gamer IDs

I haven't paid a single cent more than the 15€ for the game itself yet and there've been a few updates. I don't know about any DLCs, but such things are pretty optional.

The modding scene is pretty busy too, there are already a lot texture and gaming mods, like the HD texture mod, which makes the game look way better:

+ Reply to Thread