+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Digital Distribution on the Consoles

Senior Member FC360 will become famous soon enough FC360's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FC360D Steam ID: FC360

Quote Originally Posted by Rynstex View Post
    -------------------- > Digital Distribution on the Consoles < --------------------

That's what Adam wrote as title of the thread so let's try and keep it on topic please folks, some good debate going on about it

If you want to talk about hybrid vehicles and their seemingly marvellous way of not using fuel please feel free to make a thread in Bus Stop Banter.

Sorry rynstex.

When you say dd do I assume you also mean arcade games which are fantastic and dd is perfect for these type of games, and indie games too

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

I guess I have to be "That Guy". (Sorry Ed for stealing your role)

What the hell is Digital Distribution?

Cereal Monogamist Adam will become famous soon enough Adam will become famous soon enough Adam's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PartWelsh Steam ID: PartWelsh

Purchasing Digital copies of a game as opposed to buying the thing at retail.

Games on demand on Xbox Live is a Digital Distribution service as is XBLA, PSN and the Wii Shop Channel -although the latter does not offer full retail games to the best of my knowledge (I dont think you can buy Wii Fit and download it to the SD card or whatever it is that they use)
    PartWelsh -Contemplating Saving the World

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Specific to the consoles, that's something else that the major 3 are failing on. Yes we get an update when we launch a game but how is it that our consoles aren't smart enough to look at the last 5-6 games we've been playing and do that on our behalf?
    I'd like this. But I can see that it might be a good idea to give people the choice as to whether they want the patches or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    Putting a lime filling in a Jaffa Cake doesn't make it "spooky". Unless you're selling it to me in a graveyard. And I'm not in a graveyard you biscuit/cake/not sure selling c***. I'm in Tesco wondering why the f*** all the food has been replaced with masks and Haribo.

Cereal Monogamist Adam will become famous soon enough Adam will become famous soon enough Adam's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Patches have moved above and beyond what we used to get from them. Most patches are mainly fixes and smoothing over bugs, it's only really with online competitive games that we see patches which change the game to balance sides.

I can't think of many patches that have caused an uproar about whether or not it should be mandatory.

Gamer IDs

I know a patch for the wii caused a uproar although that was because it bricked the wii console hehe, or is that classed as a update? I get so confused when it comes to patches and updates. I do like the idea of the console looking at the top 5 played games on our list and updating for us, something like Xbox 24 connect or something like that (Nintendo rip off any1?), or maybe have a schedule that the user can set so the console turns on and updates at a specific time.

I don't suppose full downloaded Xbox games come with instruction manuals do they? Do steam games come with them for that matter?

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

Quote Originally Posted by FC360 View Post
    Do steam games come with them for that matter?
    Yes, but is at the developers discretion.

Sometimes though they do something different, like the TF2 manual
    [Good Job Boots]

Gamer IDs

A lot of the games I have on steam have .pdf's of the manual, couldn't say for certain for the console games as I've never bought one. I sat and read the torchlight one the other day to try and make sense of something I wasn't quite following in the game. I thought it was pretty darned nifty to have it there for me to peruse

Gamer IDs

I do like having manuals to look through incase I get stuck, infact I am stuck right now on two worlds 2 as the manual is in german and my german isn't what it used to be I really wish Microsoft would release a web browser.

Why is it I always seem to go off topic.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

What you stuck with dood? Right thread this time
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

+ Reply to Thread