+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming Industry Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Also, Lee...why don't you have a bash at that Dragon Age one?
    i like it here

Engage Brain, Then Type joeydale13 is on a distinguished road joeydale13's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JoeyDale13 PSN ID: JDizzle13

I'm currently looking to get into Video Game marketing. Lots of connecting with people on Linked in, getting my name out there finding out how they got into their positions. It's all about keeping your on the job boards and mainly getting lucky. Would love to end up as a community manager.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

Knik: Go for it. Do it. Do it.
    Do it.
    Do it.
    Do it.
    Do it.
    Do it.

Here's some new ones for you this time at 343 industries

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go/...stries/190537/

Seem to be based at xbox HQ over in redmond

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

I would love any job doing something of a writing aspect. Im also trying to get my name out thier with the blog and generally by making up a portfolio. Currently next to fucking impossible without having any internet connection.

Never at his post. Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex is a jewel in the rough Rynstex's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rynstex PSN ID: Rynstex Steam ID: Rynstex

If people want a job in games industry then best advice I can give (and have been given myself) is make cool shit.

Make cool shit > show people cool shit > get cool job.

Spend a weekend watching video tutorials on a level editor, make a simple level then customize it relevant to the field you want to get into. So Toffer could make it a story based level and so forth.
    [Good Job Boots]

Toffer, time without the net is great for making the most of prime writing time without any distractions or opportunities for procrastination - at least that is what I find.

@ Ben - Done you a LinkedIn Recommendation earlier btw
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

@toffer no internet connection! I dont know what would happen if i lost my connection to the internet :S but yeah what Lorna said you can write away to your hearts content with out a net connection.

Engage Brain, Then Type joeydale13 is on a distinguished road joeydale13's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JoeyDale13 PSN ID: JDizzle13

If anyone is on Linked in feel free to connect: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/joedale

+ Reply to Thread