+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 499 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: That really grinds my gears!!

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: bearhugger70 Steam ID: bear_1970_

Angry That really grinds my gears!!

Want somewhere to rant and rave?? Away you go! Letting it all out helps I'm told!!

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

I'll go first - and yes the thread idea stemmed from my travel over the last couple of days! I figured a place to rant was better than just a single thread about the London Underground :wink:

Basically, I think the London Underground is a bloody shambles!! On a good day with a fair wind and no adverse weather conditions my journey too and from work takes on average 40 minutes, maybe less!

Unfortunately those days are rarer than Rocking Horse shit and the journey usually takes around an hour each way!

Then, on more days than should be right or acceptable, said journey can take upwards of an hour, sometimes teetering towards 1.5! Why? Because the Tube is old and decrepit and their signalling systems fall over at the slightest thing – like yesterdays heavy rain – and that stops all movement and forces you to seek other means of getting home!! It’s fucking ridiculous that a transport system as busy as that STILL has as many failures and problems as it does! I can accept a certain number due to “the human element” – fatalities, people being taken sick, pulling the train chord etc – but the sheer number of mechanical failures leaves me seething!

to TFL and LUL! The worst maintenance record in London I’m sure!!

Banned Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Knikitta PSN ID: Knikitta Steam ID: Knikitta Raptr ID: Knikitta

Mine is neighbours and inconsiderate people.

One side, I have a permanent chimney smoker, that only EVER comes out to smoke in her garden when I open a window, hang washing out or open my back door... every... single... fucking.... time!!!

The other side is an italian couple that play Shakira as loud as they can, all day, non-stop, on what must be the worst sound system I have ever heard. They always park in my parking space or take up the space of two by parking in between so me and the motorbike man can not park...

I will not mention my parking space nightmare.

My other thing, is inconsiderate people (as above) like the ones that don't say thank you if you move over on the pavement for them, or pull in whilst driving so they can pass... no thankyou, no smile, no nod, no small wave, nothing. I mean, how fucking hard is it when your in a supermarket, or on the pavement, and some one steps over to give you a bit extra room so you don't have to step onto the road or anything, just to give a quick smile, or thank you???

Inconsiderate Bastards.

Gamer IDs

I know exactly what you mean Kinky Kitty!! :wink: lol Inconsiderate arses annoy me too!!

the parking space thing would irritate too but only if they're allocated ones... my ex-wife inherited a seething rage from her dad so that any time someone parked on the road outside our flat where we'd usually park she'd be almost apoplectic! I just couldn't bring myself to get worked up over it as it was a public road and we had no entitlement to the space!! lol

It was made worse after the old couple below us moved away and a new much younger resident moved in who had a car too and then went on to make the front garden into off road parking thus reducing the space outside! I couldn't help but laugh at my ex's explosions on that :biggrin:

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Do you REALLY want me to get started???
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    I believe Nietzsche put it best when he said 'YER MAW'

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzR View Post
    Do you REALLY want me to get started???
    Hell yeah!! :biggrin: Everyone needs an outlet :wink:

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I'd have to give up my job... and free time... and sleep. I may also need to get a few empty bottles next to me so I don't have to take a break at the toilet!
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    I believe Nietzsche put it best when he said 'YER MAW'

Gamer IDs

Or you could break it down into manageable chunks!! Stick to one topic at a time without segueing? (sp?? lol)

Banned Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Knikitta PSN ID: Knikitta Steam ID: Knikitta Raptr ID: Knikitta

We don't have allocated parking, but we do have an extremely narrow road, with a car parked either side there is barely enough room to actually drive down our little dead end. Then you get muppets dropping kids off at the school at the end of the road, then leave their car's parked on OUR residential road to go into town and do their shopping.

Funny, its half term, and there are spaces galore down here today.... after the school said it was not the teachers or parents parking on our road? *boggle*

Gamer IDs

You know, for the first time in months and monts the people waiting to get on the tube actually waited til those of us getting off had done so before piling in the doors!

I was quite shocked!! lol

+ Reply to Thread