+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two Worlds II Multiplayer

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Default Two Worlds II Multiplayer

Right... figured I'd just let everyone know who MAY be interested in Two Worlds II multiplayer... you need a lot of time if you want to do this for real. I just played through Chapter V of the multiplayer (yeah, I'm playing on my own... world's smallest fiddle and all that) and holy SHIT it's long!! This particular chapter took me FIVE AND A HALF HOURS!! Managed to finish my work earlier than expected, and at 9pm I figured I'd log on and get on with the co-op missions so I could review the game properly... and that's me just finished.

I AM up for it though, whenever anyone else gets it... but just warning you in advance, it'll need to be a weekend thing as the chapters are LONG! Great fun though

Thing is, being multiplayer, there's no save point... there are sporadic CHARACTER saves so it logs your inventory and level progress etc but you can't leave the chapter and then come back in to where you were before - you get put back at the start... so be warned people!! Once you start... you can't walk away, as I found out tonight!
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

You KNOW I want to play this with you, and you KNOW that the only person with any hope of getting this soon is Jan. Constant reminders of what I should be playing right now. Why so mean?

Quote Originally Posted by markuzr View Post
    thing is, being multiplayer, there's no save point... There are sporadic character saves so it logs your inventory and level progress etc but you can't leave the chapter and then come back in to where you were before - you get put back at the start... So be warned people!! Once you start... You can't walk away, as i found out tonight!
    wtf?

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Oh, i'd totally be up for that. But not before next month for money reasons. I prefer coop games anyway, and a weekend full of adventures with some friends? Count me in I say. Are we talking about the xbox or the pc version?

Senior Member FC360 will become famous soon enough FC360's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FC360D Steam ID: FC360

I'm up for it and would do it right now however I'm still a little low on the completion of the game, I'm almost right at the beginning just got to that place I always forget, the 1 in the top left of the island below the main land. Does that make sense?

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

Over five hours? Oh FUCK THAT.

Two Worlds' multiplayer was great because it was the single player campaign broken up into bite-sized chunks. Absolutely spot on design. This is like half of the Dead Rising survival achv. Except that I imagine Two Worlds 2 will lock up more.

That said, I'm all over this anyway. Bagsy, I'm the necromancer. If there is one. And he's still got that cloud spell.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

I'm currently playing it on the XBox as I wanted to review the game on a level playing field rather than on a super powered gaming rig. I WILL be playing it again on the PC but for now I'm sticking to the XBox version. I have no idea if there are more enemies or the play levels up if you've got more people in the game or whether it's just exactly the same but much easier because you have more people... either way though, this was HARD.

@Blucey As far as locking up is concerned, do you mean game freezing? The one and only problem I've ever had was last night when our connection dropped after I'd been playing about 20 minutes, but that was our router being a dickhead. I'm on level 24 of the multiplayer character now and never had any problems whatsoever. The first chapter was about 30 mintues, second was the same, third was about an hour, fourth was maybe two hours but this 5 hour session last night was basically because on several areas I found myself confronted by eight Trachids along with two Mantis and the Mantis were protected by the Trachids so wouldn't take any damage until all the Trachids had been killed... and they were all really powerful, so I spent about 30 minutes sniping them with my bow from the massively accessible scenery. I was literally standing atop a cliff shooting at these people and using my distraction arrows to bring them into the centre to fight my non-existent beast so I could hit them within range. I reckon you could shave an hour off the total play time between those encounters and the Steel Golems... six of them in one area.
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Armored Tribes South Q is on a distinguished road South Q's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: South Q

I'm totally going to get this game. I really do enjoy playing long arse Co-op Even if it over five hours.

Gamer IDs

Well... I've reached the end of my journey, for now. Chapter seven begins with a directive to hold off the advancing undead and prevent them from destroying a sarcophagus. I think maybe 30 or 40 of them were taken out successfully and I expected to be told "You're awesome, now let's go shag some birds!" but instead the same guy came back and told me that MORE undead were coming and that my "group" should split into two separate groups: one group to guard the sarcophagus while the OTHER group destroys the four portals bringing forth the undead.

Ah.

Right.

Y'see um... I've played the entire multiplayer campaign on my own and um... I AM my "group". I am one single guy pretending to have friends with me so you all let me continue on my journey. I tried, I really did... I fought something like 150 or 200 of the buggers and levelled up THREE times in that space of time (which isn't easy when you're already at level 29 and there's a huge gap between level ups) but still the sarcophagus was destroyed. Tried again, with a newly levelled character in the hopes that it'd be enough to stave them off, but to no avail. So that's me... scuppered. I'll now have to wait until I have a team of four (or more) people to play with. Damn it's fun though!!

Now I should really get back to the single player campaign and stop fannying about with the weapon forging!!
    Linus Torvalds

+ Reply to Thread