+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Drumming on Rock Band Can Translate to Real Drums

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

Default How Drumming on Rock Band Can Translate to Real Drums

http://www.destructoid.com/how-rock-...s-192539.phtml
    A really interesting read about how drumming translates from the game to reality

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

I can't click on any Destructoid links in case my finger slips and I accidentally fall into the trap of cunts that is their horrible forum.

I can tell you that despite having quite a good understanding of drumming and how to construct beats, I drum like I've got special needs.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

I just don't bother with their forum and I don't read the comments anymore, they slowly died in quality.
    I mostly stay for Jim Sterling, that magnificent fellow.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I can't read it because their advertiser is an idiot and the page locks up whilst trying to load an ad. What I'll tell you is this, however, that I think it's a crock of shit. I haven't played Rock Band but I've watched other people play it and the thought never once left my head "They're hitting the wrong drums at the wrong time, yet it's correct" so I fail to see how playing Rock Band can teach you to play drums. Also, any self respecting drummer will have a set of hi-hats, snare, at least three concert toms, floor tom, bass drum, two crashes and one ride. Minimum. How does the Rock Band kit accommodate all that unless you're utilising some sense of repetition? My kit has seven cymbals (not including the hats), bass drum, five toms and snare... and that's not even close to being enough.

Nah, even if I could read the bloody page I'd still say no. Unless you're talking AC/DC drumming... in which case all you need is a dead monkey with a twig in each hand slumped over a Nescafé catering tin.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

+ Reply to Thread