+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ghost photo......

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Quote Originally Posted by Knikitta View Post
    I would like to know what you base this 'fact' on? I can only assume your one of the few people that believe when we die, thats it, nothing, just... death.

Some of us take comfort in the belief that there is an afterlife of some sort and our loved ones are watching over us or waiting for us to join them in a place that is significantly better than were we are now.

For the photo - complete fake in my eyes
    I am one of THOSE people, it wasnt a statement of fact really. Im not dead yet so i dont know for sure. Until i meet a ghost or die and go to heaven or hell, i wont believe any of it. Same with Aliens or big foot. Not that i think its stupid to have faith, whatever brings a person comfort is all right by me. Anyways i dont want to discuss my reglious views, they only tend to piss people off, just ask my parents.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Banned Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta will become famous soon enough Knikitta's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Knikitta PSN ID: Knikitta Steam ID: Knikitta Raptr ID: Knikitta

Ooooh... think my post came across a bit wrong hun! Didn't mean anything by it >.<

I have no faith or religion, I just take comfort in the unknown, that being, we do not really know what happens after death. I personally would like to think that there is at least something after we die. We were born to die, seems a pointless life unless there is something... or maybe I am too fanciful and watch far too much Stargate and I want to Ascend! <giggle>

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I love being a fence sitter as I can smirk at both sides having the conviction to argue their points until the cows come home when neither of them has any basis in fact or scientific proof. I've witnessed what others would class as "ghosts", but it still doesn't sway me in the direction of believing in them because I have no proof that it was either anything physical or just my imagination. The number of things I've experienced in my life would have most people running for the door shouting down the halls that ghosts DO exist... but it would just be their uninformed opinion based on what they themselves perceived without taking environmental attributes or personal emotional states into consideration. Similarly, I've met some sceptics in my time and it doesn't matter what you tell them either... they'll tell you that you're wrong and that they're right... there are no such things as ghosts. I'm open minded and willing to look at evidence on both sides, if anybody had any of value.

Each camp is as deluded as the other at the moment. The only fact in the argument is that no side knows for sure, and that's what I love about the whole debate about the supernatural or afterlife. It's highly unlikely that it'll ever be proven either way and yet both sides are so vehement with their arguments. For centuries, powered flight was thought of as ridiculous, we couldn't capture images with photography, there was no way to record live action footage of anything, and the concept of a machine that could perform complex calculations was a ridiculous notion... and yet here we are. The sceptics laughed these things off and were proven wrong by progress. In contrast, however, the believers have often told of "the end" and how it is written... scaring people into believing that we are on the verge of extinction or that we'll witness a second coming on a specific date... and these too have been proven wrong. Science will either eventually prove that ghosts have existed all along, but that they're something other than disembodied spirits, perhaps energy or something similar... or it'll prove that they don't exist and it's just our natural belief system personifying in a physical manifestation. On the other hand, it may never be proven either way.

It's still fascinating stuff though, and I do love looking at "ghost" photos to weigh up my own ideas against those of sceptics and believers. The ones I absolutely detest, however, are those which are nothing more than simulacra where the photo has been handed around to friends to share the wonder of the holiday snaps and one goes "oooh look... a face" and the person next to them goes "oh yeah... that's spooky... did you see anyone at the time??" and the person taking the photo is stupid enough to say "like.... oh my god... I mean... wow... like... there was nobody else there when I took that photo, it therefore MUST be a ghost!!!" rather than thinking rationally and just saying "it's a fucking pattern in the brickwork. That is all". Those are the "ghost" photos that do my head in, because there's nothing unexplainable about them, it's just a bloody pattern and our brain has transposed this into a face because that's what we naturally do. Genuine photos where something odd has been captured though, I love looking at them to work out if it's double exposure, refraction, Photoshopped... or very rarely one of those photos where you just can't decide.

I remember getting into an argument with a girl on the Most Haunted forum several years ago. She'd taken a photo of a body of water that was beyond an archway and there was a bright shimmering light "standing" in the archway on the photo that she couldn't see at the time, so she naturally announced to everyone on the forum that it was "definitely" (not maybe) her dead father who was trying to tell her something. She was really starting to make a fool of herself over it, bringing it up constantly and waving it around like she was the first person in the world to take a photo of refraction. It was SO obvious that the light from the sun dancing on the rippling water had been turned upside down (as happens) and displaced to being above the water in EXACTLY the same pattern as the light on the ripples... but she wouldn't listen. All she wanted to be told was that it was her dead father. That's dangerous. When people won't listen to reason and start to live their life according to lens flare and natural refraction... that's scary. There was no telling her though, and any attempts were met with such ferocious anger. She NEEDED to believe that it was her father in order to come to terms with the death... but she should have done it in private or not have been so vicious towards others who questioned it... if she didn't want other people's opinions, she shouldn't have posted the photo on a public forum where sceptics, believers and fence-sitters all frequented. It was horrible to watch.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: None Steam ID: bear_1970_

I remember that photo too dood! It's amazing how folk will believe what they want to believe! I had a similar experience with a group I'd been on an overnight investigation in the Station Hotel, Dudley where we had a random gruff voice on the radio handsets scare the fuck out of us saying "get of the radio" - it had been preceded by random fart noises which didn't come from our group but 2/3 of the folk I was with "heard" get of the window and wouldn't believe otherwise until I'd taken the DVD camera footage one of the group had taken at the time (they were in another room with a second radio and heard it too), found the section where it happened and put it on Youchoob for them to listen and re-evaluate! General consensus after was that I was right all along lol

Memory plays tricks on folk too

If Peter Venkman says that ghosts exist, then they do.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Peter Venkman was killed in Zombieland.
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

The Skoda of GamingLives ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark is just really nice ZeroMark's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZeroMark172 Steam ID: ZeroMark

Yea spent all his time worrying about ghost, forgot about zombies...
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    - Yer maw

Gamer IDs

He was nearly taken out by a gopher though... not good
    Linus Torvalds

The Huggy One Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970 has a spectacular aura about Bear1970's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearhugger70 PSN ID: None Steam ID: bear_1970_

If only he'd kept hold of that tank disguised as an RV!!

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

Quote Originally Posted by Knikitta View Post
    one of the few people that believe when we die, thats it, nothing, just... death.
    I'm one of those.

+ Reply to Thread