+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What not to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Van-Fu San View Post
    What not to play? Lost Odyssey. A game full of cunts. That can only be 'enjoyed' if you have a no appreciation of videogames left.
    How so? I loved the game up until I got stuck on the 3rd disc!

Massive forehead The Sonic Mole will become famous soon enough The Sonic Mole's Avatar
    Leeds (but I'm originally from Leighton Buzzard)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Sonic Mole Steam ID: thesonicmole Raptr ID: TheSonicMole

Quote Originally Posted by Van-Fu San View Post
    What not to play? Lost Odyssey. A game full of cunts. That can only be 'enjoyed' if you have a no appreciation of videogames left.
    I really enjoyed this. Old fashioned but well executed.

"By the tits of my ancestors!"

Some, they call me...Stu etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend will become famous soon enough etherfiend's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Etherfiend PSN ID: Etherfiend

Really enjoyed Lost Odyssey, probably my favourite traditional JRPGs on the Xbox. Better than the button-mashing action pap added in Tales, Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean et al.

Epic Karen Matthews Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey is a splendid one to behold Blucey's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peacesquid

I wouldn't recommend the XBLA game 0D Beat Drop. especially as I think I nabbed the last 3 boosters (including Teh Auth!) for the mp achvs. That game's deader than piss. Fucking awful music too.

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

To all the fans of Lost Odyssey. As always, any absolute statements are just my opinion. Glad you enjoyed the game. But I will NEVER recommend that game to anyone. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

A four disc game is not the sort of thing you want to be getting into anyway with Arkham City just around the corner!
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

When I see threads like this I wish I was still reviewing games. I'd have so many entries...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blucey View Post
    Putting a lime filling in a Jaffa Cake doesn't make it "spooky". Unless you're selling it to me in a graveyard. And I'm not in a graveyard you biscuit/cake/not sure selling c***. I'm in Tesco wondering why the f*** all the food has been replaced with masks and Haribo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Author View Post
    Don't play Dark Souls if you get game rage easily.
    I kind of feel that they should have extended the 'Dark Souls' experience.

Instead of the game coming in a box it should have come in one of those safes where if you get the combination wrong it locks itself for 24 hours before you can try again. All safes have the same combination, but nobody knows it.

To start the game each day you need to roll a six the first time on a die in front of a Kinect camera. You only get one chance a day. If you try and cheat the game gets another player that's online to come round your house and poo through your letterbox.

If you don't play the game for a week it changes your Facebook relationship status to 'single', and messages your partner to say that they're rubbish in bed.
    Putting a lime filling in a Jaffa Cake doesn't make it "spooky". Unless you're selling it to me in a graveyard. And I'm not in a graveyard you biscuit/cake/not sure selling c***. I'm in Tesco wondering why the f*** all the food has been replaced with masks and Haribo.

The Virgin Destroyer Van-Fu San will become famous soon enough Van-Fu San's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vice Destroyer PSN ID: ViceDestroyer Steam ID: ViceDestroyer Raptr ID: Verflucht

Post of the day. Dark Souls is a little unfair then?

Yeah. I'll caveat that with the fact that I've not been playing Dark Souls - I was a click away from ordering it, but decided to wait, so somebody call me on this if I'm wrong, but the tales I've heard since then have put me right off it - it's like the game is designed to test:

1. Your patience.
    2. Your ability to exploit stupid AI.
    3. Your ability to search the internet for obscure solutions to in game challenges.

And it's not doing it out of bad design or anything like that - it's deliberate.

A lot of the game is trial and error, with parts where the chance of you not dying first time through is infinitesimally small, and when you do die you go back to your save point, losing pretty much everything you gained. Obviously the longer you go without saving the more you lose when you die, so finding the next save point is important. So of course the save points get harder to find the further you go through the game.

South Q mentioned on the other thread about a dragon you have to shoot in a specific part of its tail to get a decent sword. And then there's the head eggs...

One thing I do like is that there are certain cults you can join in the game which give you side benefits. If you break the rules of the cult though there are penalties - some will send other players into your game to grief you.

+ Reply to Thread