+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck you, Play.com - Fuck you so hard

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

Quote Originally Posted by Jokesound View Post
    Phone them up, and give them a piece of your mind and make it clear that you're not only going to avoid their service from now on, you've told everyone you know about this and they're passing it on too, so unless they fix it then they're going to find a lot of people boycotting them.
    If you go and do that then they'll more than like just laugh at you. In my experience on both sides of the retail fence you get alot further if you are calm and don't go around making silly threats. Some twat customer when i worked for tesco told me that he was a shareholder and that he would have me fired. I politely told him to fuck off and guaranteed him that I probably had more shares than him as tesco used to give em out like sweets to staff. Needless to say he didnt get very far with me and I advise Preacher to do the same. I'm not belittling his anger or anything like that but calling people out usually doesn't end too well.

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

Having had customers shout at me over the telephone I know it's not the approach to take. Yes you can be angry but don't take it out on the person that answers the phone, they're not the person who wronged you and are more likely to help you if you remain calm.

Back in July, my internet had been barely working properly for a month, when I did get around to calling Virgin Media again (3rd time and not the call centre in India this time) I was polite through the 50 ish minute call with the girl advisor doing everything she could to help and finally arranging an engineer and the problem was sorted in no time.

It's shit that the special edition arrived in such a ridiculous condition and I'm sorry that this has happened, I imagine I would be furious about it too. It could be the fault of HDNL as they were taking over Play's deliveries I recall, although it's Play's fault for using the worst delivery company. I've never experienced them but I've heard others tell stories of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzR View Post
    reminds me of when Blackstar sent me my Buffy DVD set
    I came so close to working for them. A girl I talked to on ICQ told me about them, she was in the first interview group, I was in the second. Blackstar took all of the first group and didn't need the second group at all, but they only kept the first group until after Christmas.
    Last edited by The Rook; 20-11-2010 at 00:07.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

I've calmed down quite a bit now, played Hot Pursuit with Pete, Mark and Lee for a bit. I know far better than to phone a customer service line immediately after something like this, because I have some serious issues with hiding my anger and disdain.

Further updates though; I'll never get a refund because I opened the seal in order to find out how damaged the set was, and Play have it in their return policy never to accept returns of opened computer software or games. Instead, I'm going to just do as Ed suggested, and be extraordinarily petty about this, take some photos and plaster them over the internet. Won't accomplish anything, but it'll make me feel slightly better about my lost seventy quid.

Also the damage is worse than I thought, the bonus DVD had fallen out of the cardboard sleeve and is scratched up to fuck and back. Fortunately the game, soundtrack, and Lineage DVD are all intact.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I give the person on the end of the 'phone one chance to get the problem sorted and if I don't feel that they're doing their best to help me out, by escalating the call or pulling in a superior then yeah... I fucking let loose. I've dealt with pricks on the 'phone my entire life and I never give in to them. My biggest accomplishment was getting almost £6k back from Kuoni for a holiday in the Maldives where they changed us from one island (a discreet island with only 8 villas, scuba diving, paragliding, water skiing etc and a five star restaurant) to another island (karaoke, night clubs, 60 villas, buffet restaurant) and told us we weren't entitled to a refund... this was around THREE weeks before the holiday. I had to fight that fucker to the death but eventually name dropped a few people from ATOL and ABTA (pays to research on the 'net beforehand) and suddenly they offered a full refund.

I understand Rook's position... but also don't allow someone to fuck you up the arse when you're the customer who has a right to goods in perfect condition, especially when it was the fault of their packing handlers rather than the couriers. Not that I need to tell you that anyway, because I'm quite sure you're more than capable of ripping someone a new asshole over the 'phone.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Gamer IDs

Oh I am definitely more than capable dood, how do you think I came to learn never to call them right away? Heh.

Senior Member FC360 will become famous soon enough FC360's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FC360D Steam ID: FC360

I've encountered this problem once with Amazon and was informed that it was not Amazon that had packed the DVDs it was infact the delivery company who had taken the product out of the original packaging to see what it was and then put it in a different packaging, the plastic DVD holders were split and after phoning Amazon about it they sent me a new 1 and included instructions to do a check at the door and then hand over the broken DVD, they even gave me a £5 gift card which was very nice of them, the funny thing is I have never had the same delivery company deliver anything to me since then, always HDNL, DHL or City Link.

I tend to stay away from play.com because I hear nothing but bad news from them, I ordered a xmas present at beginning of November 2008 and got the gift in January ended up being a new year present instead of xmas present. I have no idea why I decided to order from them that time and I will never make that mistake again. I get all my stuff from Amazon now or if it's electrical I go on currys site and do a reserve and collect.

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Any news on a refund Preach?

Gamer IDs

The news is "nope, shouldn't have opened the seal". Of course, I'd not have known the extent of the damage if I hadn't, but I should have done as Mark said and sent it back based on the state it arrived in.

Gamer IDs

Fuckers

Senior Member FC360 will become famous soon enough FC360's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FC360D Steam ID: FC360

My neighbours have the same problem, they ordered stuff for X-mas presents for their nieces and nephtews, cousins for the kids, but they never arrived until X-mas eve they were on their way to Wales to their family so I took the parcels. Their all squashed so I decided to open them, omg I have never seen such destruction, 2 games and 1 dvd, all cases were completely destroyed, 1 of the game discs, toy story 3 on Wii, was split in half, black ops was scratched to death. I called neighbour about it and he is completely fuming. Luckily I have a video of me opening the packages and what the insides look like, now I wonder is this play's fault or the carrier? The discs and games were in those padded envelope but I would expect them to be shipped in a box together instead of separate, although they all arrived together with a rubbrr band around them holding them all together.

Sorry if I made spelling mistakes, I'm typing on my mobile

+ Reply to Thread