+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Fuck you, Play.com - Fuck you so hard

Keep us posted, this is utterly outrageous.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Member DirectingChaos is on a distinguished road DirectingChaos's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: directingchaos PSN ID: silentrosco

To be totally honest the hardest thing about this for me is separate from the back problems I have a condition that is triggered and aggravated by stress, it can cause severe stomach cramps, vomiting, feeling nauseous almost constantly and diarrhoea so apart from everything else I've had that to deal with almost everyday for the last 2 months and I've even said to play this is adversely affecting my health and still... nothing.

Gamer IDs

I'll update this thread after 5 because I know that’s when Play's head office finish for the day so I'll be able to say definitively if they stuck to their word or not.

Gamer IDs

Quick update: That’s now half 5 and no call, emails or anything so basically another Play promise that they didn't stick to and another day that they've left a completely unjust minus £350 balance on my Play account.

Gamer IDs

Ain't side effects from meds fun... glad you'll be ok mate and thanks for the support.

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

Thanks chaps, and don't mention it DirectingChaos. Somehow Play have managed to fuck you over worse than they did me or anyone else I know. They've got to really be trying to reach some kind of record or something, because nobody can be that incompetent and remain in business so long.

I may actually just take you up on that offer, Jan. Going to send you a message.

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

Isn't it odd how, after years of buying pretty much all of my online DVD purchases from Play.com, I find myself going there only as a last resort for anything now... and even then I don't bother buying!? I once had a postman turn up with two sacks full of DVDs from Play because I went a bit crazy with the ol' plastic during a sale they had on, and I've honestly never had one single problem with them. Not one. Yet, from seeing Lorna's Brotherhood set and how it had been bashed around, I'm just wary.

Blackstar... when they were Blackstar they were fantastic! Used to get little thank you notes from some Irish person every time I had an order shipped and the ONE time I had to complain to them (it was a Buffy video box set and they placed it in a thin cardboard box the same size as the set with no bubble wrap or any protection, and it got bashed to hell) they sent out another one while I was on the 'phone and told me to only send back the busted up one IF the replacement arrived in perfect condition. As soon as they became SendIt everything went to shit. Dunno if it was a change of management or not but certainly changing their name just ruined their customer service for me. I haven't used them in something like eight years now.
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

Edit: Never mind, brain fart.

Gamer IDs

I have not forgot about posting here its just everything is kinda up in the air just now so as soon as I know anything conclusive I'll post again.

Senior Member FC360 will become famous soon enough FC360's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FC360D Steam ID: FC360

I wonder if there would be any problems if Play was to switch to a different courier.

+ Reply to Thread