+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fuck you, Play.com - Fuck you so hard

Chief, innit MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR has much to be proud of MarkuzR's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MarkuzR PSN ID: MarkuzR Steam ID: MarkuzR

I have a feeling Lorna will be on this thread in the next day or so!
    Oooooooh it's an invisible signature... oooooooooh!!
    "If you want me to 'act professional', I can tell you that I'm not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearing a bathrobe. The same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what 'acting professionally' results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways."
    Linus Torvalds

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

They're a bunch of cunts. I'm never buying from them again. What happened to Lorna, dood?

Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    They're a bunch of cunts. I'm never buying from them again. What happened to Lorna, dood?
    My tale of woe is almost exactly like yours. Tania ordered me the AC: Brotherhood Codex Edition for my birthday. Which never showed up. Cue emails, forms and having to wait over 20 days. They then sent the replacement. I have never seen such a damaged outer box in all my life. Often, it can be common to have one corner of a box a little squashed. This appeared to have been dropped on every corner and to add to this horror, the back was dented and someone appeared to have used to the front to lean on - heavily - as they wrote something. I know this because I could practically read the indentations.

If it hadn't been shrinkwrapped, at this point, I would swear that it had been originally sent back by someone else and was then sent to me...this feeling was exacerbated by an odd sticky finger(?) mark on the front of the journal. Also, two of the pins holding the lid on, as in Preacher's case, had broken off in their holes but this appeared to be more of a design flaw than anything else. Overall, not happy, but the outer, as much as it pains me, can be thrown away. The box looks fine and can sit on the shelf, however, I will be writing a pissy email, complete with pictures to Play.
    A corner of this foreign field that is for ever England

Banned The Preacher will become famous soon enough The Preacher's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Erudite Knight Steam ID: erudite_knight

Good luck with that, I doubt you'll get anywhere though going on my experience.

In a way it's gratifying to know it wasn't just me, and I wasn't overreacting, but I also feel really bad for you for getting similarly shitty treatment from them, especially since you were so worried about it after the problems I had. They really shouldn't be getting exclusivity from Ubisoft for their special edition sets if this is how they're going to treat them.

Senior Member FC360 will become famous soon enough FC360's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FC360D Steam ID: FC360

Play should seriously consider switching to a better Courier, I believe they currently use Royal mail as everything I have ordered from them has been delivered by a royal mail man and his little van.

Senior Member Greg is on a distinguished road Greg's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: blagmasterg

I have to say that I am in a minority here - I have never had an issue with Play at all. Maybe I've just been lucky?

Zero's hero Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer has a spectacular aura about Toffer's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptToffer Steam ID: chrisdugarry

Blimey. I've never had any problems with Play, with the exception being when my other halfs Xmas order turned up. (It was a Rhianna album and it was for her I swear it!) and the case was smashed in on the front. I was going to send it back but it was a week late, and my partner wasn't worried so I thought no big deal. The CD was fine so we just left it but in hindsight it probably would of been better to make a point.

That said I don't know if it was them or the postie.

As for Amazon, I appreciate they have a massive range of goods but generally I try to avoid buying from them. Never had the best of times!

Not used Play in ages, try to avoid most Jersey based places as the delivery time of 3/5 days is just too long to wait for someone as impatient as I.

Unless of course one of them have an unmissable bargain going on.

Great Leaping Salamanders of Flame!

Member DirectingChaos is on a distinguished road DirectingChaos's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: directingchaos PSN ID: silentrosco

Want to find out what nightmare we have been dealing with since the begining of december, have a look at the link below, I'm under the username Rosconet

http://www.consumercomplaintsforum.c...es=1#post-4133

Guten Tag. UselessJack will become famous soon enough UselessJack's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UselessJack PSN ID: SenseiFox Steam ID: senseifox Raptr ID: UselessJack

Wow... I read through this and I just can't believe it. This guy threatened you and play actually supported him by paying him for it. If I were you, I'd sue both so hard, they'd wish they'd never have been born. That was actually physical torture, and I might be no lawyer but as far as I know thats illegal. And I bet that the law is on your side on this one.
    I'm quite outraged by this.

+ Reply to Thread