+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Call Of Duty - Black Ops

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x The Rook x

I died so many times in that TV Studio.

I will attempt Black Ops Veteran after dinner.
    Surely you can't be serious!

Achievement Hewah The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook has a spectacular aura about The Rook's Avatar

Gamer IDs

OK so there are a number different parts to the game you buy. For your money you get:

Single player campaign
    Multiplayer campaign
    Zombie mode

This we already knew, however you also get:

Dead Ops Arcade - a top down twin stick zombie shooter, think Llamatron or Smash TV or I Made A Game With Zombies In It.
    You get Zork - the text based adventure
    Combat training - which is single player multiplayer - you read that right.

The Combat training allows you to play what is effectively a 6 on 6 team deathmatch but with you as the only person player. The other 11 players are bots which the game adds random names from your friends list as the other players.

This means you get to play the multiplayer, learn the maps, try out different weapon and perk combinations without having to worry about idiotic players, campers, foul mouthed kids, LAG and the bots make a pretty decent multiplayer experience.

You can also customise your killstreak rewards once you level up enough.

So that adds a hell out of a lot to the single player aspect to the game. The combat training has impressed me. I can safely say you are getting value for money with this purchase.
    Last edited by The Rook; 12-11-2010 at 12:53.

I haz aquatic skillz AlmightyOtter is on a distinguished road AlmightyOtter's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlmightyOtter PSN ID: AlmightyOtter

I'm hosting some games tonight.

I haz aquatic skillz AlmightyOtter is on a distinguished road AlmightyOtter's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlmightyOtter PSN ID: AlmightyOtter

It's kind of funny when someone sends a remote control bomb car after you and your backtracking away from it.

Gamer IDs

I was surprised the remote control car wasn't part of the main game, that you only see in in multiplayer. The prestige edition came with the remote controlled car which has audio and video technology and yet is not used as surveillance equipment in the single player story. It is only used in multiplayer as a remote controlled bomb to take out an opponent.

So it was a strange choice for the extra gaming goodness.

"The Voice" Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound has a spectacular aura about Jokesound's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jokesound Steam ID: Jokesound

COD4 on veteran was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do as a gamer. The TV section, the Ferris Wheel bit and the mission where you have 5 minutes to stop the nukes were some of the worst things I've ever played as a result.
    In comparison, I did MW2 on veteran first time by myself with no difficulties whatsoever. It was spec ops that was hard.

I played it on Veteran the first time and just finished it yesterday. I must say I really enjoyed it. I liked the story much more than MW2 or W@W, maybe even more than COD4. Gameplay is mainly as good as it can get but at worst it is solid. Audio is fine, graphics are great IMO. All in all a solid 9/10 from me for the SP side of it.

Will suck dick for Rep Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste is a splendid one to behold Ste's Avatar

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blinky82 PSN ID: SteMarsh82 Steam ID: Blinky82

On Vetern does the enemy keep respawning until you cross an invisible line like in CoD4 or is it more like MW2 where they'd stop respawning after a little while? My girlfriend has brought me this but I cant have it until Xmas

Gamer IDs

I never noticed a constant re-spawning.

There are few places I think that they spawn constantly. I'm not 100% sure but played for ages in one corridor and they just kept coming and coming. You will notice though if they keep spawning as you won't be able to run a gun on Veteran anyway.

+ Reply to Thread