Dark Souls Set To Drive PC Gamers Mental
by GL News
Remember when your friend told you that they were playing this game called Dark Souls and it was driving them insane with how punishing it was, and you thought you’d be a smart arse by picking it up yourself to show them how much better than them you were… and you got punished too? Well, the console elitists are no longer the only ones to be punished, as Namco Bandai today announced that they’re bringing the game (which was, incidentally, introduced to us at last year’s E3 as “the best game you’ll ever hate”) to the PC platform.
On August 24th, those of us who prefer the irritation of having to spend hours installing games and patches before we get to actually play the game (settle down PS3 users, we don’t mean you) will finally get to see what it’s like to be Max Mosley and actually enjoy being brutally punished for hours on end. The “Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition” will not only improve gameplay, but brings with it an enhanced PvP mode, meeting the demands of fans who sought to battle against one another. As if dying at the hand of the AI wasn’t enough. The inclusion of an all-new chapter in “Artorias of the Abyss” will provide PC gamers with new locations, even more enemies and, if you thought for one second that FromSoftware would even consider letting you off easily, hard-as-nails bastard bosses.
Dark Souls producer, Daisuke Uchiyama, said: “Adding a whole new chapter to tell the tale of the Dark Knight Artorias was an opportunity we’re also proud to have taken, as we’ve managed to expand the experience for our biggest fans without compromising the balance of the core game that we worked so hard to create. This edition of the game is our gift to the fans.” As expected, the gift comes with an as-yet-unnamed price, but it looks to be a gift nonetheless and we expect that many dual-platform gamers may succumb to the temptation and offer themselves as a sacrifice to this “Prepare to Die Edition”. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Unfortunately, the “Prepare to Die Edition” looks as though it will be a standard boxed copy rather than something worthy of a lengthy unboxing video. To date, the following content has been announced, with more details said to follow over time:
- New Bosses – Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
- PVP Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for co-op or PVP
- New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
- New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
- New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
- New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
Last five articles by GL News
- World of Warplanes Beta Key Giveaway
- New Van Helsing Screens Burst Forth
- Star Wars: TOR - Rise of the Hutt Cartel Launching Soon
- Daedalic Announce First Turn-Based RPG
- Mars: War Logs Screenies Incoming